Read my Book Writing Project (BWP) update 7. How I was stopped from doing something I loved - writing.
Published by Nigel - 15/10/2018
+ A plan keeps you focussed on your goal and keeps you moving along+ It stops you from going off in different directions not aligned with you goal+ It helps to avoid the habit of procrastinating (like me)+ It gives you easily attainable, step by step, actionable targets, so you don’t get overwhelmed or lose hope+ If you lead a busy lifestyle it helps you to fit in your writing time+ You can see your achievements and how far you have come
That was a simple but real example.Step A: Make a shopping list - on paper or in your headStep B: Get to the shopsStep C: Get the items you need and payStep D: Get home and pack your shopping away
1. Goal - The goal is the overall thing I want to achieve.2. Purposes - The reasons why I want to do this or achieve this goal.3. Policy - My own rules and guidelines to help me achieve my goal.4. Plan(s) - Lesser goal(s) that helps me achieve a particular aspect of my overall goal. (You could have many plans to attain your overall goal).5. Programme -A programme is a series of steps in sequence (A, B, C, etc.)to complete my plan (above).6. Projects - A project is a series of steps in sequence to complete one step of my programme (above).7. Orders - These are written directions to carry out a task in a project.
To be a successful fiction book writer with a huge following and demand for my stories and books and with published books in all retail outlets worldwide creating mammoth sales and royalties for me.
1. I want to explore and enhance my creative side in writing2. I want people to get great enjoyment from my stories3. I want to make a living from something I enjoy doing – writing4. I want to spread some truths through my writings
1. Write from my heart and from my imagination and not how I think others would want to see it2. Enjoy writing and creating it. Have fun with writing and not take it seriously (as in don't be stressed about it)3. Be in a creative frame of mind when writing, make sure I’ve eaten and slept well so I can focus4. Write in a quiet space, free from distractions5. Make the time to write – set this aside and inform others to leave me alone6. Always follow my book writing plan and don't deviate from it but amend it as necessary to achieve my goal
1. Have a writer’s website to help market my books and for others to follow my book-writing journey2. Have highly successful published books worldwide and a very high profitable income
1. Create my writer’s website and get it online
1. Establish my website’s Reason For Being – its purpose2. Choose a brandable name and domain name for my website3. Create a website build plan – pages, features, etc4. Build my website and get it online
1. Get a pen and paper2. Find a quiet space3. Honestly tell myself what I want to achieve with my website and why4. Write down my website’s Reason For Being (its purpose or function)